KYOKO HIGA Profile / 日本語
KYOKO HIGA, an aspiring fashion designer, was born and raised in Okinawa.
• Graduated: Bunka Fashion College Fashion Design Course; Major in Apparel
Manufacturers; employed as a knitwear designer for ten years.
• Studied in London
• Travelled to Europe and Africa countries; influenced by diversity of traditions
and culture around the world-in-contexts.
• Brand debut ROSE ISA ROSE
• Collection recognised for distinct colours, style, and bold design:
acknowledged as a star in the Tokyo collection.
• Recipient of Award of Silver Thread at the International Linen Festival in
• Recipient of New Artist Award at the Mainichi Fashion Ceremony
• Initiated a new brand—KYOKO HIGA
• Collection included: women's wear, handbags, shoes, life, miscellaneous goods,
office uniforms, dark red clothes Yunifuomu, glasses, kimono, all with diverse
• Fashion motto: Fashion is Borderless
• Collaborative exhibitions in: Germany, Paris, NY, and Miami
• Published: The World of a Fashion Designer
• Published: Modern Okinawa Cooking
• Television Appearance: Demonstrated favourite Okinawa cuisine and table
• Collaborated on Project for LEILIAN.
• Designed the G7 World Summit attire for leaders of the G7 conference held in
Kyushu Okinawa Summit
• Wardrobe Coordinator for the G7 Conference
• Costume design for the movie Tokyo Tower
• Participating actors: Ms Hitomi Kuroki and Mr Matsumoto Jun
• Invited guest speaker and judge of contestants for American's Next Top Model
• Chosen as main designer of Boutique Nicole which is from the Pioneer of
Japanese Designers; Founder of Nicole from Mitsuhiro Matsuda (40-year history)
• Shows her collection: Boutique Nicole at Tokyo Collection in a bid to the
rebuilding of the brand image on behalf of Mitsuhiro Matsuda
Studied Shigaraki-yaki under Mr Akihito Hoshino, in the medium of ceramic art
• First collection ceramic art at the gallery in Hiroo
• Work in this medium continues
• Designed the costume for Wife Made for 300 Year Anniversary Concert of Opera
• Launched the American brand Filomena Fernandez with partners in Miami
• Currently works as a designer at Filomena Fernandez
• Continued participation at trade shows in New York and Las Vegas at two
showings a year with a view to the market in the US and South America.
• KYOKO HIGA debuted selling her own clothe collection for Shop Channel Since
Continued career development at Shop Channel
• Provided collection pieces to a fashion brand in Miami, Florida (until 2017)
• Designs described as elegant, rock taste.